About a month ago we got the word that Haphead, our near-future videogame subculture webseries, received funding. It’s a lot of the same folks I’ve been making lo-fi sci-fi no-budget films with since 2007 — except this time we’re getting paid a living wage for it! Pretty wild. Having a budget also means we can consider renting locations (like the train car above!) as well as accelerate the process — we’ll be releasing the first 45-60min (AKA “Season 1″) in January, instead of the 3 year odyssey that Ghosts With Shit Jobs was. I also won’t be wearing as many hats (just three: executive producer/creator/writer) but I know from the awesome proof-of-concept trailer our team produced with minimal interference from me that it’s in very, very good hands.
If you want to jump on the Haphead train before our mid-August shooting begins, this is what we’re still looking for!
- a large abandoned warehouse or factory we can rent for a day (something like this pic)
- people with physical talents: parkour, martial arts, circus skills, skateboarding/scootering, breakdancing
- adult background actors (AKA extras) of different ages/ethnicities (no experience needed)
- small camper / magic van / Winnebago
- a house with a little character
- onset medic
If you have a lead on any of the above, please drop our producer Anthony a line at email@example.com and he can give you more details.